Turkey escalopes & giant couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Tick the healthy and budget-friendly boxes with our turkey escalopes and giant couscous. It's tasty, filling and packed with good-for-you ingredients
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 aubergine , cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 large garlic cloves , crushed
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 70g black olives , pitted and sliced
- 1 lemon , zested
- 4 turkey escalopes
- 250g giant couscous
- ½ small bunch basil , chopped, plus some extra torn leaves to serve
- 20g parmesan , shaved, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the onion and aubergine for 15-20 mins, or until softened. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the tomatoes and olives and cook for another 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the grill high. Mix the remaining oil and the lemon zest together, then rub on both sides of the turkey escalopes. Put the escalopes on a baking sheet and grill for 5-6 mins on each side serving until cooked through.
- STEP 3
Cook the couscous following pack instructions, then drain and stir through the tomato sauce along with the basil. Slice the escalopes and serve with the couscous, parmesan and extra basil leaves.