- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper , deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- pinch crushed dried chillies
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 50g mixed pitted olives , whole or roughly chopped (optional)
- pinch caster sugar
- 250g wholemeal pasta shapes
- 2 x 200g cans tuna steak in spring water, drained and flaked
- 25g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the peppers for about 5 mins until starting to caramelise. Add the garlic and chillies, cook for 30 secs, then tip in the tomatoes and olives (if using). Season, add a pinch of sugar, bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Heat the grill. Drain the pasta and mix into the tomato sauce, along with the tuna. Tip into a large ovenproof dish. Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan together and scatter over the top. Grill for 3-4 mins or until the topping is crisp and golden. Serve with a green salad, if you like.