Toddler recipe: Microwave courgette and pea risotto with prawns
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes enough for 3 adult portions or 2 adults & 2 children
- 200g risotto rice
- 1 large garlic clove , crushed
- 2 spring onions , finely sliced
- 900ml low-salt chicken stock (we used gluten-free Kallo, see tips below)
- 120g frozen peas
- 1 large courgette , diced (see tips below)
- 50g grated medium or mature cheddar , plus extra to serve
- 140g cooked prawns (or chicken)
- STEP 1
Put the rice, garlic and spring onions into a large microwaveable bowl, then pour in 400ml stock. Cover with cling film and microwave on High for 10 mins. Stir the rice, then add another 250ml of the remaining stock, cover and microwave on High again for 3 mins.
- STEP 2
Stir the rice again, then add the frozen peas, courgette and the rest of the stock. Cover and microwave on the same setting for a further 8 mins. Stir in the cheese and prawns (or chicken if you prefer), then leave the risotto to stand for 2 mins. Scatter with more cheese and serve.