Tapenade chicken pasta with runner beans
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 290g jar black kalamata olive in brine, drained
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 300g penne
- 500g runner bean , sides peeled if stringy, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 red chilli , chopped (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- 250g cherry tomato , halved
- handful basil leaves
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Rub the chicken with a drizzle of oil, season and roast for 20 mins until cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the olives and anchovies into a jug with 2 tbsp of the oil and blitz to a rough paste with a hand blender (or do this in a food processor).
- STEP 3
Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the penne and cook for 5 mins. Add the beans and cook for 5-8 mins more until they are both al dente, then drain.
- STEP 4
Shred the roasted chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Heat the remaining oil in a deep sauté pan or wok, add the garlic and chilli, and stir-fry for 1 min. Tip in the tomatoes and cook for another 5 mins until softened. Add the olive mix, pasta, beans and chicken to the pan, and toss everything together. Season, stir through the basil leaves and serve.