Sweet potato salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1.2kg sweet potato , peeled and cut into biggish chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 2 shallots (or half a small red onion), finely chopped
- 4 spring onions , finely sliced
- small bunch chives , snipped into quarters or use mini ones
- 5 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the sweet potato chunks with the olive oil and some seasoning, and spread on a baking parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 30 - 35 mins until tender and golden. Cool at room temperature.
- STEP 2
When just about cool whisk together all the dressing ingredients with a little more seasoning and gently toss through the potato chunks – use your hands to avoid breaking them up.