Sweet potato, chickpea & chorizo hash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 600g sweet potatoes , diced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large red onion , thinly sliced
- 400g cooking chorizo sausages , skinned and crumbled
- 400g can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1 green chilli , thinly sliced into rings
- STEP 1
Boil the sweet potatoes for 8 mins until tender, then drain. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan and cook the onion and chorizo for 5 mins until softened. Add the sweet potatoes and chickpeas and cook for 5 mins more. Roughly break the mixture up with a fork, then flatten it down lightly to form a cake. Cook for a further 8 mins, without stirring, until cooked through, crispy and golden on the bottom.
- STEP 2
Heat grill to high. Break the eggs onto the hash, season, then place the pan under the grill and cook for 2-3 mins until the whites are set. Sprinkle with chilli to serve.