Sweet peperonata salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6 as a side
- 10 large red, orange or yellow peppers (or make up the equivalent with smaller ones)
- 4 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp good-quality olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp clear honey
- ½ small white onion , finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove , crushed to a paste
- 85g golden sultanas
- small pack flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp capers , rinsed
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Halve and deseed the peppers, then roughly cut into large chunks. Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and honey with some seasoning to make a dressing. Spoon two-thirds into a shallow roasting tin with the peppers, toss together, then roast for 1 hr until the peppers are very soft and just starting to char at the edges. Meanwhile, mix the onion and garlic into the remaining dressing. Stir the sultanas into the peppers and roast for 10 mins more.
- STEP 2
Let the peppers cool for 10 mins, then transfer to a platter or large bowl, scatter over the parsley, capers and remaining dressing before tossing everything together.