Super-green mackerel salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 85g green bean
- 85g thin-stemmed broccoli
- large handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 hot-smoked mackerel fillets (about 75g), skinned and flaked
- 2 tsp sunflower seed , toasted
For the dressing
- 75ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp dill , chopped, plus extra to serve
- STEP 1
Boil a pan of water. Add the green beans and cook for 2 mins, then add the broccoli and cook for 4 mins more. Drain, run under cold water until cool, then drain well.
- STEP 2
To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small jam jar with a twist of black pepper, put the lid on and give it a good shake.
- STEP 3
To serve, mix together the cooked veg with the spinach and mackerel and pack into a lunchbox. Just before eating, pour over the dressing, scatter over the sunflower seeds and add a grind of black pepper and extra dill.