Super-easy fruit ice cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus freezing
- Serves 6
- 200g strawberries (as red as you can get), hulled
- 1 large mango , deseeded and peeled
- ¼ lemon , juiced
- 3 very ripe bananas , peeled
- 200g condensed milk
- 600ml double cream
- 4 kiwi fruit , peeled
- sprinkles or finely chopped strawberries and mango, to serve
- STEP 1
Mash or purée the strawberries and mango in two separate bowls. In another bowl, add the lemon juice and the banana and mash.
- STEP 2
Beat the condensed milk and cream in a large bowl with an electric whisk until thick and quite stiff, a bit like clotted cream. Divide the mixture between the three bowls. Fold a fruit purée into each. Transfer each one into a freezer container and freeze until solid.
- STEP 3
Purée the kiwi and sieve out any seeds if you like. Serve a scoop of each ice cream in bowls or sundae dishes and top with the kiwi sauce, sprinkles, or the chopped fruit.