Layered rainbow salad pots
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Give kids two of their five-a-day and a dose of vitamin C with these colourful rainbow pots of tuna salad, ideal for a lunchbox, or summer picnic
- 350g pasta shapes (De Cecco is a good brand that stays nice and firm)
- 200g green beans , trimmed and chopped into short lengths
- 160g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt
- ½ small pack chives , snipped (optional)
- 200g cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 1 orange pepper , cut into little cubes 195g can sweetcorn, drained
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta until it is still a little al dente (2 mins less than the pack instructions) and drain well. Cook the green beans in simmering water for 2 mins, then rinse in cold water and drain well. Mix the tuna with the mayonnaise and yogurt. Add the chives, if using.
- STEP 2
Tip the pasta into a large glass bowl or four small ones, or four wide-necked jars (useful for taking on picnics). Spoon the tuna dressing over the top of the pasta. Add a layer of green beans, followed by a layer of cherry tomatoes, then the pepper and sweetcorn. Cover and chill until you’re ready to eat.