- 200g bag of spicy or cool tortilla chips
In Spain, a tortilla is a kind of omelette, with ingredients added - frequently sliced cooked…
- small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 142ml pot of soured cream or reduced-fat crème frâiche
- 2-3 tomatoes, cut into chunks
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 3 spring onions, sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 200g bag of cooked prawns, defrosted and drained
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
- sliced jalapeño peppers from a jar (optional)
A member of the capsicum family, jalapeño chillies range from moderately to very hot.…
Spread the tortilla chips over a large plate. Stir most of the coriander through the soured cream or crème fraîche, squeeze in the juice of one lime quarter and season to taste. Spoon over the tortilla chips, then scatter over the rest of the ingredients and remaining coriander. Serve at once.
Make it veggiePeel, stone and slice a ripe avocado and use instead of the prawns. Toss it in a little lime juice to stop it discolouring.