Summer courgette ribbon salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 25g pine nuts
- 4 large courgettes , sliced into ribbons with a veg peeler or spiralized
- juice and zest 0.5 lemon (save the other 0.5 for the dressing)
- 1 small loaf of sourdough bread or stale bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g bag baby kale
- 100g goat's cheese , crumbled
- handful of mint leaves , picked
- 25g raisins
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and tip the pine nuts onto a baking tray. Put the courgette ribbons in a large bowl with the juice and zest of 1/2 the lemon. Cut the sourdough into chunky dice and pop on the baking tray, next to the nuts. Drizzle with the oil and add plenty of seasoning.
- STEP 2
Roast for about 5 mins until the pine nuts are golden and toasted, then remove from the baking tray and set aside. Return the croutons to the oven for a further 5-8 mins until golden.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, wash and dry the kale and add to the courgettes with the goat’s cheese, mint and raisins. Toss everything together.
- STEP 4
Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients. Season well. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and then toss to coat.
- STEP 5
Pile the salad onto a platter and scatter over the croutons, pine nuts and plenty of black pepper.