St David's leek & chicken hotpot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 baking potatoes , peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 leeks , cut into thick slices and washed
- 3 medium carrots , peeled and cut into 3cm/1.25in slices
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , diced
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- bread rolls, to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the veg: Toss the potatoes, leeks and carrots together in a shallow microwave-safe dish with some salt and pepper. Pour over the stock. Cover the dish with cling film and pierce a few times with the point of a knife. Cook on High for 10 minutes until the potatoes are just starting to become tender.
- STEP 2
Cook the chicken: Remove the dish from the microwave, peel off the cling film and stir in the chicken. Cover the dish with fresh cling film and pierce again, then cook on High for 6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and succulent.
- STEP 3
Finish the dish: Remove the dish from the microwave, uncover and stir in the cream and parsley plus black pepper to taste. Serve straight from the dish, with bread to mop up the juices.