- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 400g penne
- 200g bag shredded kale
- 100g streaky bacon , chopped
- 1 medium red onion , finely sliced
- 100g soft mild goat's cheese
- grated parmesan , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Boil the pasta in salted water. Add the kale for the final 2 mins, then drain, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, dry-fry the bacon in a nonstick pan until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain off most of the fat, leaving behind about 1 tsp. Gently fry the onion in the fat for 2-3 mins until soft.
- STEP 3
Tip the cooked pasta and kale into the pan, then stir through the bacon and goat’s cheese. Add a little of the pasta cooking water if the mixture seems a bit dry. Serve in bowls scattered with grated Parmesan, if you like.