Spring salmon with minty veg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 750g small new potato , thickly sliced
- 750g frozen pea and beans (we used Waitrose pea and bean mix, £2.29/1kg)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- small pack mint , leaves only
- 4 salmon fillets about 140g/5oz each
- STEP 1
Boil the potatoes in a large pan for 4 mins. Tip in the peas and beans, bring back up to a boil, then carry on cooking for another 3 mins until the potatoes and beans are tender. Whizz the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and mint in a blender to make a dressing(or finely chop the mint and whisk into the oil and lemon).
- STEP 2
Put the salmon in a microwave-proof dish, season, then pour the dressing over. Cover with cling film, pierce, then microwave on High for 4-5 mins until cooked through. Drain the veg, then mix with the hot dressing and cooking juices from the fish. Serve the fish on top of the vegetables.