- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 25g butter
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 leek (about 120g), sliced
- 2 small sticks celery (about 85g), sliced
- 1 small potato (about 200g) , peeled and diced
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1l stock (made with two chicken or vegetable stock cubes)
- 2 x 200-235g bags spinach
- 150g half-fat crème fraîche
- STEP 1
Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the spring onions, leek, celery and potato. Stir and put on the lid. Sweat for 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- STEP 2
Pour in the stock and cook for 10 – 15 minutes until the potato is soft.
- STEP 3
Add the spinach and cook for a couple of minutes until wilted. Use a hand blender to blitz to a smooth soup.
- STEP 4
Stir in the crème fraîche. Reheat and serve.