- 25g butter
Butter is a dairy product made from separating whole milk or cream into fat and…
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 1 leek (about 120g), sliced
Like garlic and onion, leeks are a member of the allium family, but have their own distinct…
- 2 small sticks celery (about 85g), sliced
A collection of long, thick, juicy stalks around a central, tender heart, celery ranges in…
- 1 small potato (about 200g), peeled and diced
The world's favourite root vegetable, the potato comes in innumerable varieties. A member of…
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1l stock (made with two chicken or vegetable stock cubes)
- 2 x 200-235g bags spinach
Used in almost every cuisine across the world, spinach is an enormously popular green vegetable…
- 150g half-fat crème fraîche
Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the spring onions, leek, celery and potato. Stir and put on the lid. Sweat for 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
Pour in the stock and cook for 10 – 15 minutes until the potato is soft.
Add the spinach and cook for a couple of minutes until wilted. Use a hand blender to blitz to a smooth soup.
Stir in the crème fraîche. Reheat and serve.
Dinner party tipDrizzle with double cream for a vibrant contrast that looks great on your dinner party table.