Spicy spaghetti with garlic mushrooms
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g pack chestnut mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- small bunch parsley, leaves only
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, (or use drieds chilli flakes)
- 300g spaghetti
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the mushrooms, then fry over a high heat for 3 mins until golden and softened. Add the garlic, fry for 1 min more, then tip into a bowl with the parsley. Add the onion and celery to the pan with the rest of the oil, then fry for 5 mins until lightly coloured.
- STEP 2
Stir in the tomatoes, chilli and a little salt, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins until thickened. Meanwhile, boil the spaghetti, then drain. Toss with the sauce, top with the garlicky mushrooms, then serve.