Spicy pork & aubergine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 4
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions , sliced
- 1 small aubergine (about 250g/9oz), trimmed and diced
- 500g lean pork fillet , trimmed of any fat and sliced
- 2 sweet red peppers , seeded and cut into chunky strips
- 2-3 tbsp mild curry powder
- 400g can plum tomatoes
- 150ml water
- cooked basmati rice , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan with a lid. Tip in the onions and aubergine and fry for 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft and golden brown.
- STEP 2
Tip in the pork and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to brown. Mix in the pepper strips and stir fry for about 3 minutes until soft.
- STEP 3
Sprinkle in the curry powder. Stir fry for a minute, then pour in the tomatoes and water. Stir vigorously, cover the pan and leave the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes break down to form a thick sauce (you can add a drop more water if the mixture gets too thick). Season with salt and pepper and serve with basmati rice.