Spiced pork with heaps of stir-fried greens
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 20-30 minutes
- Serves 2
Fresh tasting and packed full of green veg, this is a healthy and authentic Oriental stir-fry
- 100g jasmine or basmati rice
- 1 tbsp stir-fry oil (look out for Blue Dragon or Sharwood’s), or vegetable oil
- 250g pork escalopes, sliced into thin strips
- 1bunch spring onions , trimmed and sliced
- 175g broccoli , broken into small, bite-sized florets
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- 2heads of pak choi or bok choi, broken into separate leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lime , finely grated zest and juice
- a few thin slices of red chilli (optional)
- sweet chilli sauce , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Cook the rice in plenty of lightly salted boiling water – it will take about 12 minutes.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the pork and stir-fry briskly for 3-4 minutes. Tip in the spring onions, broccoli and celery and stir-fry over a high heat for 4 more minutes, then add the pak or bok choi for a minute or so until the leaves have wilted. Toss in the coriander and lime zest, squeeze in a little lime juice and add the chilli slices if you are using them. Season with salt and pepper. Heap on to warmed plates and serve with the drained rice – and sweet chilli sauce, if you like.
MAKING IT BEEFY
Spiced beef with stir-fried greens: use strips of lean beef instead of pork.
WITH DIFFERENT VEG
Substitute different vegetables – try baby corn, carrots, mushrooms, shredded cabbage.