- 1 tbsp oil
- 12 shop-bought lamb meatballs
- 1 onion , sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp rose harrisa
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml low-salt stock (lamb or beef)
- 2 x 400g can chickpeas
- small bunch of parsley , finely chopped
- ½ small bunch of mint , chopped
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large, shallow casserole dish or deep frying pan. Add the meatballs and fry for 3-4 mins, turning regularly, until golden. Remove and set aside.
- STEP 2
Tip the onion into the pan and fry for 7 mins until softened. Stir through the garlic cumin, coriander and cinnamon, and cook for 1 min. Add the harissa, tomatoes and lamb stock, and bring to a simmer. Stir though the chickpeas and meatballs, season and simmer for 10-15 mins until slightly reduced and the meatballs are cooked through.
- STEP 3
Stir through half the herbs, then scatter the rest on top along with the pomegranate seeds.