Speedy Moroccan meatballs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g pack ready-made beef or chicken meatballs (approx 16)
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 100g dried apricot , halved
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 400g tin chopped tomato with garlic
- 25g toasted flaked almond
- handful coriander , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan, then fry the meatballs for 10 mins, turning occasionally until cooked through. Scoop out of the pan and set aside, then cook the onion for 5 mins, until softened.
- STEP 2
Add the dried apricots, cinnamon stick, tomatoes and half a can of water to the pan, then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Remove the cinnamon stick. Return the meatballs to the pan and coat well with the tomato sauce. Serve sprinkled with the almonds and coriander.