Spanish seafood rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This quick version of paella is superhealthy, plus it's all cooked in one pan so there's minimal washing-up
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper , deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , sliced
- 250g paella rice
- 850ml hot vegetable stock (we used Kallo very low salt stock)
- pinch saffron
- 400g seafood mix (we used a bag of frozen mixed seafood, defrosted before use)
- juice ½ small lemon
- small handful flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and soften the onion for 6-7 mins. Add the pepper and garlic, cook for 2 mins more, then stir in the paella rice and cook for 1 min, stirring to coat.
- STEP 2
Pour in the stock, add the saffron and bring to the boil. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble, for 20 mins, stirring occasionally until the rice is tender.
- STEP 3
Stir in the seafood and lemon juice and cook for 2 mins or until piping hot and completely cooked through. Serve in warm bowls scattered with the parsley.