Spanish ham with crusty bread & chopped tomato
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 4 firm vine-ripened tomatoes , halved
- 2 tbsp of your best olive oil , plus extra for brushing
- 12 thick slices of baguette
- 1 garlic clove , halved
- 6 slices serrano ham , each halved lengthways
You will need
- 12 cocktail sticks
- STEP 1
Sit a box grater on a plate and grate the tomatoes, leaving behind the skin. Drain the pulp in a small sieve, then mix the pulp with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season.
- STEP 2
Brush the bread with oil and toast or griddle until golden. Rub one side with the cut side of the garlic. Just before serving, spoon some of the tomato onto each slice. Finish with a piece of ham, push in a cocktail stick and sprinkle over black pepper.