- 1 sweet potato (about 200g), cut into cubes
Sweet potatoes have a creamy texture and a sweet-spicy flavour that makes them ideal for savoury…
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
A variety of oils can be used for baking. Sunflower is the one we use most often at Good Food as…
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- juice 1 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, torn
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 carrot, halved lengthways and sliced on the diagonal
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
Microwave the sweet potato on High for 6 mins until tender. Lightly mash the beans, then add the potatoes, 2 spring onions, coriander, chipotle paste and seasoning. Mash a little more until the potato is combined. Shape into 4 cakes.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the bean cakes for 4-5 mins each side.
Meanwhile, mix the mayo, lime juice and seasoning in a bowl. Add remaining onion and salad ingredients and toss well. Serve alongside the bean cakes.