- 3 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- pinch ground cloves
A clove is the dry, unopened flower bud of the tropical myrtle tree family used to flavour a…
- 2 limes, juiced
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 500ml low-salt chicken stock
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1kg brisket, cut into large pieces
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, jalapeño chilli slices and half-fat crème fraîche
Heat the slow cooker if necessary. Put the chipotle paste, red onion, garlic, cloves, lime juice and cider vinegar into the slow cooker and stir until combined. Add the bay leaves, stock and coriander, then put the beef on top. Use a pair of tongs to turn the meat over a few times in the sauce.
Put the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on High for 1 hour and then Low for 8 hours or until the meat shreds easily when you pull it apart with 2 forks.
Serve with the lettuce cups and jalapeño chilles and crème fraîche.