Singapore noodles with shrimps & Chinese cabbage
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 200g dried rice vermicelli or 3 x 150g Straight to Wok rice noodles
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 1 Chinese cabbage, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 carrot, very thinly sliced
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vinegar (any will do)
- 400g small, cooked, peeled prawns
- 140g beansprouts
- bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- Oriental chilli oil (look for one that contains shrimp paste), to serve)
- soy sauce, to serve
- STEP 1
If using dried noodles, place in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 5 mins, or follow the pack instructions. Drain well.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the ginger for 1 min. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 min more.
- STEP 3
Add the cabbage and carrot and stir-fry for 2 mins. Mix together the stock, sugar and vinegar and add to the pan with the prawns, beansprouts and drained noodles. Cook until piping hot, then stir through the spring onions, divide between bowls and serve with a splash of chilli oil and soy sauce.