Seared steak with rocket & wheat salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Takes 10 minutes
- Easily halved
- 4 medallion steaks about 140g/5oz each
- 1 pack trimmed spring onions
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 x packs pre-cooked wheat (we used Ebly Tender Wheat)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 100g feta cheese
- 100g cherry tomato , halved (or use Sunblush tomaotes)
- 50g pack rocket , preferably wild
- STEP 1
Put a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Brush the steaks and onions with 1 tbsp oil and season the steaks. Lay the steaks in the pan, pressing them flat with a palette knife, and fit the onions around them. Cook the steaks for 21⁄2-3 minutes on each side for medium rare, turning the onions when you turn the steaks.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, tip the wheat into a large saucepan. Add 4 tbsp water and stir. Heat through for 3-4 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- STEP 3
Whisk together the 3 tbsp olive oil, vinegar and mustard to make a dressing. Crumble the feta into a bowl, add the tomatoes and rocket, then tip in the wheat. Pour in the dressing and mix. Serve with the steaks and onions.