Savoury Christmas shortbread
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling
- Makes 12-15
- 125g Kerrygold salted butter, softened, plus extra for the tray
- 125g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 40g sage & onion stuffing mix
- 30g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the butter, flour, stuffing mix and cheese into a medium bowl and mix well into a dough using a wooden spoon.
- STEP 2
Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a 5mm thickness and use a cutter of your choice to stamp out as many biscuits as you can. If needed, re-roll the trimmings and repeat until you've used up all the dough.
- STEP 3
Transfer the biscuits to a generously buttered baking tray and bake for 10-12 mins until lightly golden at the edges. Leave to cool completely on the tray – they will firm up more as they cool. Scatter over another grating of cheese before serving.