Sautéed artichokes, potatoes & egg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion , very finely sliced
- 200g waxy potatoes , peeled or unpeeled, cut into slices
- 200g artichoke hearts from a can, drained (see tip)
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (or less if you want less heat)
- 2-4 eggs (depending on your appetite)
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- STEP 1
Heat 4 tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion and potatoes. Fry for 12-15 mins or until the potatoes are soft right through and everything is golden.
- STEP 2
Add the artichoke hearts, garlic, chilli and seasoning, and cook for another 2 mins or so. Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in another pan and fry the eggs, scooping the hot oil up over them to help cook the yolks.
- STEP 3
Stir the parsley into the potatoes and artichokes, and check the seasoning. Serve with the fried eggs on top.