- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, very finely sliced
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 200g waxy potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, cut into slices
The world's favourite root vegetable, the potato comes in innumerable varieties. A member of…
- 200g artichoke hearts from a can, drained (see tip)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (or less if you want less heat)
- 2-4 eggs (depending on your appetite)
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
Heat 4 tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion and potatoes. Fry for 12-15 mins or until the potatoes are soft right through and everything is golden.
Add the artichoke hearts, garlic, chilli and seasoning, and cook for another 2 mins or so. Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in another pan and fry the eggs, scooping the hot oil up over them to help cook the yolks.
Stir the parsley into the potatoes and artichokes, and check the seasoning. Serve with the fried eggs on top.
ArtichokesYou can use artichoke hearts jarred in olive oil here, just be sure to drain them well.