Rosemary & garlic lamb burgers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Makes 8
For the burgers
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 4 tsp finely chopped rosemary needles
- 1kg lean lamb mince (10% fat)
- ciabatta rolls or French bread
- 3 red onions ,sliced and tossed with 1 tbsp each balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- sliced tomatoes
- good handful rocket
- STEP 1
Crush the garlic, rosemary, 1 tsp salt and ½ -1 tsp pepper with a pestle and mortar to make a paste. Add to the lamb and mix in well with your hands. Don’t overwork the meat or you will toughen it.
- STEP 2
Divide the mixture into 8, then shape into round burgers. If eating now, heat a barbecue or grill and cook for about 8-10 mins, turning frequently, until cooked to your liking. Split the rolls or bread, toast lightly on one side, spread with mayo, then add the burgers and the balsamic onions, tomatoes and rocket.