Rocket & courgette soup with goat's cheese croutons
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 1 tsp olive oil or knob of butter
- 1 medium potato , finely diced
- 4 courgettes , grated or chopped
- 100g rocket , roughly chopped
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 8 thin slices baguettes
- 150g pack soft goat's cheese
- STEP 1
Cook the onion gently in the olive oil or butter for 5-10 mins, until soft. Add the potato and cook for 5 mins, then add the courgettes, rocket, stock and plenty of seasoning. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins, until the courgettes feel soft. Whizz the soup in a blender, or use a hand blender, until smooth. Return to the pan and keep warm.
- STEP 2
Toast the baguette slices, spread each with a little goat’s cheese, then grill if you like, or serve as it is with the soup.