Roasted spiced carrots & labneh
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus overnight draining
- Serves 4
- 500g natural yogurt
- ½ small bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 250g baby carrots, halved lengthways if large
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp za’atar
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- chilli flakes, for sprinkling (optional)
- crusty bread, to serve
- STEP 1
Spoon the natural yogurt into the middle of a double layer of muslin, then tie the ends at the top using kitchen string. Hang the muslin sack over the tap and leave to drain into the sink overnight.
- STEP 2
The next day, tip the labneh into a bowl and stir in ½ tsp fine sea salt and most of the dill.
- STEP 3
Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 8. Toss the carrots, olive oil, za’atar and coriander seeds together on a baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Roast for 15-20 mins, or until tender. Season.
- STEP 4
Spread the labneh over a serving plate and top with the carrots. Scatter with the rest of the dill, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle over some chilli flakes, if using. Serve with crusty bread.