Roast pepper pesto with pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Use leftovers from our Roast pepper & chorizo salad to make this easy pasta dish - see the recipe, below right
- 6 roasted garlic cloves (use leftovers from our roast pepper & chorizo salad dish - recipe right)
- 4 roasted red peppers (use leftovers from our roast pepper & chorizo salad dish - recipe right)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 75g blanched almonds , roughly chopped
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), roughly chopped, plus extra for serving (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g pasta (we used tripolini)
- large pack basil leaves
- STEP 1
Remove the skin from the roasted garlic cloves. In the small bowl of a food processor, whizz the roasted peppers, garlic, cayenne, almonds, Parmesan and oil until it makes a rough pesto consistency. Taste and season.
- STEP 2
Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, reserving a little cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan with the pesto, basil and a little of the cooking water, then heat through. Serve with extra Parmesan, if you like.