Roast fish & chips with orange raita
- Preparation and cooking time
- Including 1 hour roasting
- Serves 4
A healthy treat to keep the whole family satisfied
- 3 medium baking potatoes , scrubbed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes , scrubbed
- 2 tbsp chilli oil or olive oil
- 1 large orange
- ¼ cucumber , finely chopped
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 4 white fish fillets, each weighing about 175g/6oz
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Cut each potato and sweet potato lengthways into 6 or 8 wedges – no need to peel. Tip into a roasting pan and drizzle with the oil. Season, toss well, then roast for 40-45 minutes until tender, turning them halfway through.
- STEP 2
Peel the orange with a sharp, serrated knife to remove the pith – do this over a bowl to catch the juice, which you'll need later. Cut out the segments, removing any membrane, then chop them. Mix with the cucumber, onion, mint, vinegar and yogurt. Add a little salt and pepper, then set aside, covered.
- STEP 3
Brush a baking sheet with oil and put the fish on top. Season, sprinkle with the orange juice and the cumin. Roast above the chips for 12-15 minutes until the chips are cooked. Serve with the orange raita.