Rhubarb & custard trifle
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 5-10 minutes, plus cooking rhubarb
- Serves 4
- 1 x Roasted rhubarb (see 'goes well with', below)
- 284ml carton double cream
- 500ml carton thick Devon custard
- STEP 1
Prepare the Roasted rhubarb and leave until cold (can be done a few hours ahead). Whip the cream to soft, billowy peaks. Tip the rhubarb and juices into the bottom of a small glass serving bowl or trifle dish, keeping a few pieces back with a little juice.
- STEP 2
Spoon the custard over the rhubarb, then the cream, and finish off with the reserved rhubarb and a drizzle of the syrupy juices.