- 1 small red cabbage (about 500g), finely shredded
A favourite winter vegetable served hot with roasted game birds but equally good as a colourful…
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots (about 150g each), coarsely grated
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 2 tbsp chopped pickled jalapeño chillies, plus 100ml of their pickling liquid
- 1 lime, juiced (optional)
The same shape, but smaller than…
Put the cabbage and onion in a bowl, season with salt and a small pinch of sugar and leave for 30 mins.
Stir the carrot, jalapeños and their pickling liquid through the cabbage. If making ahead, prep the vegetables but don’t season or dress until the last minute.
BBC Good Food Show WinterSee Tom Kerridge cooking live at the BBC Good Food Show Winter. Save 20% on tickets quote RECIPE.