Quick roast lamb
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 30 mins
- Serves 2
- 400g new potatoes
- 250g Chantenay carrots , or large carrots cut into big chunks
- 1 tbsp oil , plus a little more for the lamb
- 1 sprig rosemary , leaves chopped
- 100ml red wine
- 100ml lamb stock , (from a cube is fine)
- redcurrant jelly
- 4 lamb chops , or cutlets
- green beans , or other veg, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put the potatoes and carrots onto a baking tray, toss with the oil and rosemary, then season well. Roast for 15 mins on the top shelf until the veg is golden and almost tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, make the gravy. Put the wine and stock into a small pan, then boil until reduced by about two-thirds. Stir in the redcurrant jelly, season and keep warm.
- STEP 3
Rub the lamb in a little oil, then season. Tuck the lamb in amongst the veg, then return to the oven for 8-10 mins, turning the lamb halfway through. Serve with the redcurrant gravy and some green veg.