Quick cottage pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 100g pack mushrooms, halve them if large
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp plain flour
- ½ recipe Multi mince (see link below)
- 750g potatoes, quartered
- 75ml buttermilk or skimmed milk
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- STEP 1
Tip the mushrooms into a pan with the oil and cook for 5 mins until browned. Mix in the flour, then add the Multi mince. Cook until heated through and the sauce is slightly thickened, then tip the mixture into a medium-sized ovenproof dish. Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15 mins until soft. Drain and mash with the buttermilk, then stir in half the spring onions. Spoon over the mince and fluff up. Cook in the oven for 15 mins until the top is lightly browned. Serve sprinkled with spring onions.