Pesto pizza with aubergine & goat’s cheese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 pizzas (serves 4)
A vegetarian pizza with green basil sauce and creamy cheese that can be made in the oven or on a barbecue
- ½ quantity pizza dough (see Basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right), divided into 2 balls
- 1 small aubergine , thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 medium red onion , thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh pesto (shop-bought or homemade)
- 75g firm goat's cheese
- chilli flakes (optional)
- basil leaves , to serve
- STEP 1
Prepare the dough following the instructions in Basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right.
- STEP 2
Toss the vegetables in the oil and season well. Grill on your barbecue or griddle pan, about 5 mins each side, until black lines appear and the aubergines are soft. Remove and set aside. Cook one side of the pizzas.
- STEP 3
Spread the pesto onto the cooked side of the pizzas. Add the aubergine, onion and goat’s cheese, broken into chunks, plus chilli flakes if you like it spicy. Grill, covered, until the cheese is melted. Serve with the basil leaves sprinkled over.