Heirloom beetroot & feta salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 8
- 1kg small heirloom beetroots (different colours if you can get them)
- 200g block feta cheese
- 100g pumpkin seed , toasted
For the dressing
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
- STEP 1
Put the beetroots in a large saucepan of water, cover with a lid, bring to the boil, then cook for 20-30 mins until tender – this will depend on the size. When cooked they should feel tender when poked with a knife. Drain and leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Peel the beetroots with a sharp knife (make sure you wear gloves for this, or the juice will stain your hands) and cut into slices. Mix the dressing ingredients together with some seasoning and gently toss through the beetroot. Arrange on a platter and scatter the feta and pumpkin seeds over the top.