Pesto chicken salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 2
- 50g couscous
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp fat-free yogurt
- 2 cooked skinless chicken breasts , shredded, or 200g leftover roast chicken, shredded
- ½ small bunch of basil , leaves picked and torn, plus a few small leaves to serve
- ½ cucumber , chopped
- 2 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced
- 2 Little Gem lettuces , leaves separated
- 2 tsp toasted pine nuts
- STEP 1
Put the couscous in a large heatproof bowl and cover with 100ml boiling water. Stir in 1 tbsp pesto. Cover and leave for 8 mins.
- STEP 2
Fluff the couscous with a fork, then stir in the rest of the pesto, the yogurt and some seasoning. Toss in the chicken, basil, cucumber and tomatoes.
- STEP 3
Spoon the couscous mix into the lettuce leaves and eat with your fingers, or serve over the lettuce like a salad. Scatter over the pine nuts and more basil before serving.