- 2 Spanish onions, finely sliced
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 3 fat garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 4 peppers, sliced - red or yellow will look best
Also known as capsicums, bell peppers, sweet peppers or by their colours, for example red and…
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus a little more for drizzling if you want
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 handfuls pitted green or black olives, quartered
Widely grown all over the Mediterranean, where they've been cultivated since biblical times…
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
Capers are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub that grows in the Mediterranean. As they…
- 145g pack pizza base mix
- 6 anchovies, each cut into 4 long strips (optional, remove to make it veggie)
Silver, slender salty little fish found mainly around the Black Sea and the Pacific and Atlantic…
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the onions, garlic, peppers and olive oil into a roasting tin and cook for 40-45 mins, stirring occasionally, until the onions and peppers are soft and tinged brown. Stir in the olives and capers, and season well.
While the onions are cooking, make up the pizza dough following pack instructions. Roll and press the dough out to fit a baking tray, about 40 x 30cm. Leave to rise in the tray for 10 mins, then spoon over the topping mix. Press gently into the dough and leave for another 10 mins. Scatter over the anchovies, if using.
Bake for 25-30 mins or until the dough has risen and cooked through. Drizzle with more olive oil to serve if you like.