Pasta shells with broccoli & anchovies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 large head broccoli , cut into small florets
- 400g orecchiette pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , sliced
- 50g can anchovy in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped or 1 tsp chilli flakes
- half a lemon
- parmesan shavings, to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 3 mins, then drain, reserving the cooking water. Cook the pasta in the same water as the broccoli according to pack instructions.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a pan, then fry garlic until lightly golden. Remove garlic, then set aside. Add anchovies, chilli and half a cup of pasta cooking water to the pan. Cook for 2 mins, until the liquid has reduced by half and the anchovies have broken down. Stir in the broccoli and a squeeze of lemon juice, then cook for 1 min, until the broccoli has warmed through. Drain the pasta then toss everything together. Serve scattered with parmesan.