Pan-fried sea bass with puttanesca sauce & celeriac chips
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp small caper or 1 tbsp large capers, chopped
- 6 pitted green olives , roughly sliced
- 250g celeriac , peeled and cut into thin batons
- 200g kale , roughly chopped
- knob of butter
- squeeze lemon juice
- 2 sea bass fillets, skin lightly scored
- small handful parsley , chopped
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan. Tip in the onion, garlic and chilli flakes and cook over a low heat for 10 mins until soft. Add the tomatoes and ¼ can of water and cook for 8 mins until thick, then stir through the capers and olives. Can be done earlier in the day and chilled.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 7. Put the celeriac on a non-stick baking sheet. Add another 1 tbsp oil, season and mix with your hands. Spread into a thin layer and roast for 25 mins, stirring once, until golden and tender.
- STEP 3
Put the kale in a steamer and cook for about 5 mins until tender. When done, pop a knob of butter on top, squeeze over a little lemon juice and season.
- STEP 4
Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Season the fish fillets, then put in the pan, skin-side down. Cook for 3-4 mins until the skin is golden and the fish is almost cooked through. Turn and cook for 1-2 mins more, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- STEP 5
Meanwhile, heat the sauce through, season and add the parsley. Spoon the sauce onto 2 plates, top with the fish and serve with the celeriac chips and kale.