Pan-fried pork with crème fraîche & prunes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 pork fillets , (about 500g) thickly sliced into medallions
- 2 tbsp plain flour , seasoned
- 25g butter
- 20 ready-to-eat pitted prunes
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 300ml white wine (see wine recommendation below)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 200ml tub crème fraîche
- STEP 1
Dust the pork with a little of the seasoned flour. Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan, then cook the pork in batches for about 3 mins on each side. Remove from the pan, then add the prunes, brandy, wine, mustard and redcurrant jelly and simmer to reduce the mixture by half.
- STEP 2
Stir in the crème fraîche to make a creamy sauce, season well, then return the pork to the pan to heat through. Serve with tagliatelle and broccoli or a green salad.