Pan-fried mackerel with orange salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
- 4 boneless mackerel fillets (about 75g/2½ oz each), thawed if frozen
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (see tips below)
- 2 oranges , segmented (see tips below)
- 1 large shallot , very finely sliced
- 50g pitted black kalamata olive , roughly chopped
- ½ x 20g pack flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- new potatoes and green beans, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Rub the fillets on both sides with the paprika and a little salt, then set aside. Mix the orange segments with the shallot, olives, parsley and a good grinding of black pepper.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the mackerel on both sides for 2-3 mins. Serve with the salsa and some new potatoes and green beans, if you like.