Orzo & mozzarella salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 350g orzo or other tiny pasta shape
- 20g pack basil
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 25g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated, plus more to serve, if you like
- 1 garlic clove , very roughly chopped
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- 290g pack bocconcini (baby mozzarella balls)
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes , very roughly chopped
- 50g bag wild rocket
- STEP 1
Boil the orzo for 8 mins until tender, then drain and cool under cold water. Drain again, then tip into a large bowl. Meanwhile, tear the basil, stalks and all, into a food processor. Add the oil, Parmesan, garlic and half the pine nuts, then whizz to a thick pesto-like dressing.
- STEP 2
Stir the dressing through the orzo, then season. The dressing will seem quite thick, but keep stirring and it will eventually coat all the grains. Add the bocconcini, tomatoes and a handful of the rocket. Scatter with the remaining pine nuts and a little more Parmesan, if you like. Top with more rocket, then serve straight away.