- 300g jar mild or hot salsa, whichever you prefer
- 210g can red kidney beans
- 200g cooked chicken (leftover from a roast is ideal), chopped
Chicken's many plus points - its versatility, as well as the ease and speed with which it…
- ½ small pack coriander, chopped
- about 75g nacho cheese tortilla chips
- 75g cheddar, grated
Once cheddar was 'Cheddar', a large, hard-pressed barrel of cheese made by a particular…
- salad, to serve
- avocado, to serve
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 1 lime, to serve
The same shape, but smaller than…
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Tip the jar of salsa and the beans with their juice into a pan. Stir in the chicken and coriander, then heat until bubbling.
Tip the mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish. Top with the tortillas and cheese, then bake for 8 mins. Serve with a salad, preferably including some avocado, and a good squeeze of lime.