Mixed grain & preserved lemon salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 200g mixed quinoa (we used Biofair organic tricolore)
- 200g pearled spelt
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 preserved lemons , chopped into very small pieces
- small pack flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- small pack dill , chopped
- ½ small pack mint , chopped
- 1 fennel bulb , very thinly sliced
- 25g pumpkin seeds , toasted
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Rinse and drain the quinoa and spelt, and add to the pan. Boil for 15-18 mins or until just tender, then rinse and drain again under cold water. Leave to drain in a large sieve.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and molasses, then slowly add the oil. Add the mixed spice and season well.
- STEP 3
Stir the preserved lemons, herbs and fennel into the dressing, then add the grains. Toss to combine, checking the seasoning. Pile the salad onto a large platter, top with the toasted pumpkin seeds and serve.