- 2 pork chops (about 140g/5oz each)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp black or white sesame seeds, or a mix of both, plus extra to serve
For the miso sauce
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp yuzu juice (or 1 tbsp each lime and grapefruit juice)
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp English mustard
Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Rub a spoonful of the sauce over each pork chop. Reserve the rest to serve alongside.
Heat a griddle pan until hot and bring a pan of water to the boil. Drizzle the chops with 1 tsp of the sesame oil. Cook in the griddle pan for 5 mins each side, or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook the beans in the boiling water for 2 mins, then drain. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the beans and sesame seeds, and cook for 2 mins. Serve the chops with the beans, the remaining miso sauce and an extra sprinkling of sesame seeds.